Shailesh Bhagawatula, PMP, CSQE, CMQ/OE, ITILv3
Calgary, AB, T3H 3A4 403.481.9884
IT Consultant |Project Manager | Business Analyst
Achieve Project Goals | Lead Application Deployments and Support | Liaise with Vendors
Highly motivated IT professional with a comprehensive background in Software development, Data management, project management, business analysis, Release-Outage-Change Management, design, development, integration and testing. Strong background in Data mapping and migration, software development, business analysis, meeting facilitation, process analysis, requirements gathering, process refinement and project planning. Known for strong organizational and communication skills, collaborating with clients and vendors, and managing teams. Proven track record of analyzing requirements, designing and implementing enterprise applications, reducing costs by streamlining applications. Over 25 years IT Experience in several roles.
Highlights of Qualifications
- Familiar with processes and procedures for deployment of high-quality software and infrastructure initiatives.
- Skilled in Application and Organizational Change Management Practices.
- Proven track record in design and implementation of enterprise applications, system integration, Virtualization, and infrastructure solutions, ERP implementation etc.
- Work with complex requirements, in heterogeneous technical environments and in different stages of the project life-cycle: solution proposal, system analysis, architecture and design, implementation and system acceptance.
- Solid Experience in Building high-level business and functional requirements including workflow design, user interfaces, and reporting
Areas of Expertise
|– Project Management||– Business Analysis|
|– Change Management||– System & Solution Design|
|– Quality Assurance||– System Migrations & Implementation|
|– Application Design & Development||– Application Support|
Certification and Training
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP), PMI
- Certified Software Quality Engineer (CSQE), American Society for Quality (ASQ)
- Certified, Manager of Quality and Organizational Excellence (CMQ/OE), (ASQ)
- Certified ITIL Foundation v3
- Certified AMS Team Lead (Application Maintenance and Support, Sierra Systems)
- Certified AMS Manager (Application Maintenance and Support, Sierra Systems)
Masters Diploma, Computer Science, Datapro Information Technology Ltd., Mumbai, India
Post Graduate Diploma, Software Engineering, National Institute of Computer, Raipur, India
Bachelor of Science, Chemistry, Ravishankar University, Raipur, India
|Architect Tools:||Visio, OOAD, Enterprise Architect, ERWIN|
|Methodologies:||Agile, Rational, Waterfall, Iterative, Incremental, ITIL, RUP/UML, Oracle Unified Methodology (OUM), PMBOK, BABOK|
|Database:||Oracle, MS SQL Server, DB2, MS- Access|
|Web||Sharepoint, WordPress, Joomla, IIS, InfoPath|
|Project Mgmt. Tools and EPM:||Microsoft Project Server, MS Project, @TASK (atTask)|
|ERP and Reporting:||JDEdwards World and E1, Hyperion, Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains, PDS HR Vista, I2 HRMS, Filenet, SharePoint, Livelink, Hummingbird, Crystal Reports, Solomon software (Microsoft Dynamics SL), Microsoft Dynamics CRM, IBM Cognos FSR, HP Quality Center ALM, Sage SalesLogix CRM, Datawarehouse, SAP BW.|
|Financial:||Qbyte FM, APLink, RBCExpress, Chequemaster, JDEdwards(7.3, Oneworld, E1 9.1), HFM, Essbase|
|iSeries(AS/400) Skills:||RPG, CL, SQL, OS/400, DB2, Cobol, Hawkeye, Turnover, Synon 2e. C, Java,|
|Infrastructure||Windows Servers, applications, SQLServer, Oracle, NetApp, EMC2, VMWare. Etc.
ETL Tools such as BODS and SAP DataServies 4.2
– Set up connection with different sources such as structured database, unstructured data,
– Audit source data quality using profile analysis, ETL Tools
– Loading source data to target destinations using best practices
– Hands on experience with Creation of BODS – Jobs, Workflows, DataFlows,
– connect to different source systems to import data from several formats including flat files/csv/xml/rdbms/datastores/datamarts
-Experience managing VariousTransformations (Query, Case, Merge, Table compare, script, date generation, validations, custom functions, change data capture)
– Handling Target Tables, Export to databases, template tables,
– Debugging and Validating
– Setup filters for best practices
Knowledgeable about HANA Architecture
HANA Landscape Source – ETL Layer – Modelling – Frontend BI Tools
HANA Information Views – Attribute, Analytic View and Calc View
Modelling Function such as – hierarchy, filter, variables, input parameters, calculated columns etc.
Knowledge of different connection using DXC, SLT, BODS, SRS, SAP ECC, SmartDataAccess etc.
Guru Consulting and Trading Inc, Calgary AB 2014-till date
IT Consultant April 2015 – till date
- Created IT processes and a blueprint for Managed IT
- Managed developers for creation of Website
- Negotiated hosting arrangement for web based storage and data sharing services.
- Managed the RFP/RFI process and vendor selection
- Worked with stakeholders to develop a formalized IT Governance, Risk and Compliance policy.
- Deployed Office 365 for small business.
- Several roles encompassing Business Analysis, Change management, Project Management, SDLC and App Support
HP/Cenovus, Calgary, AB Jan 2015 – March 2015
Technical Project Manager
Led Application migration on the AppIM project and planned migration of 40 applications from a Windows 2003 environment to Windows 2008 server.
- Planned decommissioning of servers once apps migrated
- Mange the infrastructure decommissioning.
- Plan and schedule the Migration of middleware from Weblogic to Tomcat
- Worked with Application Stewards, and QA lead to ensure testing and RFC process.
- Obtained GroupLead approvals for apps migrating to Production env. Obtian CAB approvals.
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders and customer representatives.
- Direct work planning for the applications upgrades.
- Manage, and track the application progress against the program plan.
- Identify and manage risk and develop risk mitigation strategies.
- Run Daily Scrum
- Reported on cost and schedule variances
- Manage Testing and test case uploads to HPQC
- Managed 4 developers assigned to the project in addition to a testing and business resource
ALTAGAS LTD., Calgary, AB 2011 – 2014
Project Manager/Senior Business Systems Analyst
Project Managed application upgrades and Led application support of financial systems. Gathered technical requirements for JDEdwards reports, integrations, conversions, enhancements, forms and workflows. Defined requirements for Change Advisory Board, such as implementation plan, and back out and recovery plan.
- Project Managed Deployment of Microsoft CRM instance for an Ontario based business unit with over 40 users. Upgraded the application to CRM2011. Involved in Architectural design and roll out. This was in addition to a 60 user rollout in Alberta.
- Project Managed upgrade of AP/Link software, included upgrading of SQLServer backend database and desktop client software for 20+ users by coordinating testing with bank, ensuring data was properly communicated.
- Documented the AS IS state of the business processes and Reports and converted them to Requirements for JDEdwards. Conducted Gap Analysis of the processes and features to identify custom development. Conducted Joint Application Design Sessions and Solution Design Sessions.
- Project managed IBM Cognos FSR Deployment, Developed Business Case for and Project charter for signoff by business for the IBM Cognos FSR implementation. Managed SDLC and deployment and transition to support to the sustainment team. Capital project $250K.
- Project managed and Led upgrade and consolidation of Chequemaster software to central server instead of distributed desktop environment. Led the deployment of the Fixed Asset Module in Qbyte Financial system. Managed complete project lifecycle(Business case, project charter, deployment, transition to support) for the deployment of IBM Cognos FSR tool for external reporting, requiring supervising vendor resources. Installed the hardware and the software including the customizations of the application.
- Saved over $120K by streamlining Service Desk and application access management for financial systems by optimizing licenses by actively monitoring utilization, improving metric reporting of incidents and service requests and changing culture of logging and tracking incidents and service requests. Instilled a Service Management culture following the ITIL best practices.
- Ensured compliance to C-Sox audit requirements by managing application access.
- Liaised with vendors and managed external development teams for application support and updates, obtaining service and ensuring coverage of incidents reported with vendors within agreed upon timelines. Contributed to RFP/RFI and vendor selection process.
- Built standards to enhance the Software development and delivery process.
- SME for the ITIL Service desk implementation.
- Manage CAB meetings when required.
- Administered HPQC-ALM application, maintaining user access and providing metrics of test cycles. Single point of contact for HPQC ALM and testing cycle issues for defect tracking for JDE Implementation.
- Environment: Windows servers, Oracle, MS SQL Server, iSeries, Microsoft Dynamics–GP, Microsoft Dynamics–CRM, Microsoft Dynamics-SL, IBM Cognos FSR, Trintec Assurenet, RBC APLink, RBCExpress, Visioncraft Chequemaster, P2–Qbyte FM, HPQC-ALM, JDE E1.
SIERRA SYSTEMS INC., Calgary, AB 2006 – 2011
Senior Project Consultant
Provided consulting services to companies for systems integrations and application support services.
ALBERTA ELECTRIC SYSTEMS OPERATOR, Calgary, AB 2008 – 2011
Solutions Manager and Corporate Application Support Team Lead
Project Managed Application and infrastructure upgrades. Led Application Support and Maintenance team in supporting 45 applications in areas of finance, corporate, HR, payroll, transmission, regulatory and compliance. Assisted in full cycle application development, patching, application and user testing, application upgrades (SalesLogix), virtualization, capacity planning and management.
- Reduced costs more than $80K by identifying and assisting in infrastructure, hardware and server consolidation by facilitating Joint solution design sessions(JAD).
- Implemented and streamlined application and design documentation and reporting, ensuring SOX compliancy, resulting in standardized documentation method across IT organization.
- Liaised extensively with points of contacts in business and internal management, ensuring delivery objectives were viable within SLAs and managing customer expectations. Managed Transition to Support from project phase. Conducted Stakeholder Meetings for requirement validation and status updates. Facilitated Business case development by stakeholders.
- Implemented a formal Change Management and Release Management practice.
- Environment: UNIX, Linux and Windows servers, Oracle, MS SQL Server and programming languages such as PL / SQL, GreatPlains (Microsoft Dynamics GP), SalesLogix CRM.
TALISMAN ENERGY, Calgary, AB 2006 – 2008
Sr. Technical Consultant
Provided application support for financial systems used in Production Accounting, specifically PRISM from P2Energy (Qbyte) software. Acted as Technical Lead for setup and installation of Hyperion HFM and Essbase environment used for financial consolidation. Managed infrastructure deployment by coordinating with IT teams and engaging with vendor. Supported new Production Accounting System (PAS from CGI), while in development and test stages.
- Project managed and Deployed high availability environment by working with server teams and DBAs to create clustered environment, allowing quick recovery in case DRP had to be invoked. Conducted Joint Application Design Sessions(JADS), Solution Design and Solution Architecture Sessions.
- Managed CAB and OutageManagement meetings
- Worked with auditors, ensuring compliance with SOX and Canadian Bill 198.
- Environment: Windows, Oracle, iSeries , SQLServer, Progress, Hyperion, HFM, FDM, ESSBASE, PRISM Production Accounting.
SHELL CANADA LIMITED, Calgary, AB 2005 – 2006
Supported, maintained, enhanced and upgraded portfolio of applications on iSeries, in areas of Revenue Accounting (PRISM), Joint Venture Billing, Joint Venture Oilsands billing, Royalty Management System, and Edi Viewer. Coordinated technical resources between vendors, desktop support group and Oracle DBA’s.
- Designed and defined DRP setup and testing for PRISM software, resulting in a well vetted disaster recovery plan for the PRISM environment..
- Worked with internal auditors, ensuring applications were SOX compliant.
- Environment: Windows, AS/400 RPG, DB2, Oracle, JDEdwards, Prism, JIBLink.
RICHER SYSTEMS GROUP, Calgary, AB 2004
Designed and developed time billing system and MIS Reporting System. Managed and maintained ASP service software releases and version control of software releases, procurement and rollout of software ABSTRACT, and enhanced functionality of ENRICH Fleet Management Software.
- Assisted in vendor selection for change management systems and developer toolkit Turnover and Aldon, resulting in purchase of Aldon licenses and improved software quality. Conducted Fit-Gap Analysis, Joint application design sessions, and prepared future state design.
- Environment: using IBM AS/400, All-fusion 2E (Cool/2E and Synon 2E), ALDON CMS.
United Farmers of Alberta Co-Operative Ltd.(UFA), Calgary, AB 2003
Programmer Analyst and Team Lead (Contract)
Developed and customized point of sale system (POS) using JD Edwards World software, leading to implementation. Performed requirement gathering, system design, program specification development, and program coding. Created test plans, conducted unit testing, coordinated end user testing and acceptance and obtained user signoff prior to production install of program objects. Designed, developed and coded several tax reports, and designed technical specifications for fuel receiving process.
- Developed maintenance programs for tax tables, and Landed Cost Rules, resulting in user facing environment where data quality was managed by end users instead of IT.
- Redesigned work order completion process, enabling cost to be computed based on AUC.
- Environment: AS/400, RPG, CL, JDEdwards.
INFORMATION SYSTEMS DEVELOPMENT GROUP, Toronto, ON 2003
Analyst / Team Lead
Supported CRIS (Customer resource information system) application with RPG IV on AS400 Environment. Designed user test scenarios, test cases, and error logs, as well as prepared test environments and designed training for end users.
- Provided training to customers on software application in addition to RPG and CL as programming languages, enabling customers to utilize existing staff in application support.
- Environment: AS/400, RPG, Cobol, CL, Query/400.
Additional Professional Experience
IVega Corporation, San Francisco/San Diego, California (1999-2003)
Senior Consultant – Programmer Analyst at clients such as Bank of America, Union Bank of California, HSBC (Household Auto Finance)
DSQ Software, India, Singapore and USA (1994-1999)
Consultant – Programmer Analyst at clients such as United oryx leasing(Malaysia), P&O Containers(Singapore), and in USA with Advance Auto parts, Ball Corporation, Blockbuster, Gateway Computers, Koret of California, Billing Concepts etc.